With Growth May Come The Need For A Temporary Warehouse Structure
The Manufacturing Sector Is Growing In The Following 10 Top Performing Cities In The US
According to the Institute for Supply Management, the manufacturing industry has over the last eight years rebounded from the deep low experienced during the Great Recession with employment numbers rising by a whopping 1.1 million.
From California to the Sun Belt and the more predominantly industrial Midwest, regions and cities all over the United States are reaping from the consistent growth of the sector. In terms of the rise in employment numbers, however, how do these areas rank? You will be surprised to know that this growth reaches past the traditional centers you might have expected, according to the recent ranking of urban centers based on manufacturing job growth figures obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. With regard to the growth in manufacturing jobs, are you surprised by any of these top-ranked locations?
- California’s San Diego-Carlsbad region experienced 11.1 percent growth between 2012 and 2017; and 1.9 percent in 2017 alone.
- Nevada’s Las Vegas-Henderson Paradise region experienced 14.5 percent growth during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 3.5 percent in 2017 alone.
- Kentucky’s Louisville saw 14 percent growth in the period between 2012 and 2017; and 0.3 percent in 2017 alone.
- New York’s Albany experienced a 14.2 percent increase during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 1.9 percent in 2017 alone. In the state of New York, the technology industry is responsible for the growth in manufacturing. The Fab 8 chip facility operated by GLOBALFOUNDRIES, a nanotech manufacturer, employs over 3,000 individuals on its own. Another key driver is Cleantech – the state ranks first in the country for wind patents and second for Cleantech patents.
- Michigan’s Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills region experienced 18.5 percent growth during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 1.1 percent in 2017 alone. As the number of electric vehicles on the streets rises, “automation alley” – as the area is fondly referred to as – is considered to be one to keep an eye on.
- Florida’s West Palm Beach experienced a 27.3 percent rise in employment figures in the period between 2012 and 2017; and 1.5 percent in 2017 alone.
- Florida’s Miami is next to having experienced a 22.6 percent increase in the period between 2012 and 2017; and 6.1 percent in 2017 alone. Policies encouraging development, practical housing prices and a lack of incomes taxes work to Florida’s favor.
- Wyoming’s Grand Rapids experienced a 20.5 percent growth in employment figures during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 2.1 percent in 2017 alone. From food processing, medical devices, metals and production technology to biopharmaceuticals, automotive and plastics, the Grand Rapids area is home to a wide selection of manufacturing operations. There are fewer than 250 workers in 80 percent of these companies. Kellogg’s, Amway, Bissell, and GM are some of the larger concerns in the area.
- California’s Oakland-Hayward-Berkeley area experienced a 22.2 percent rise in employment figures during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 5.8 percent in 2017 alone. The manufacturing growth in the area is mainly driven by the steady growth of the technology industry.
- Next up is Florida’s Orlando which registered a 23.6 percent increase during the period between 2012 and 2017; and 7.9 percent in 2017 alone. The Orlando area has seen a surge in advanced manufacturing jobs thanks to big players like Siemens Energy, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, and Lockheed Martin.
The growth in manufacturing jobs has also spread to smaller cities. Nevada’s Reno, which has nothing on the gambling industry in nearby Las Vegas, seems to have landed a windfall with Tesla locating its battery facility in the city. It was last year’s fastest growing metro area in terms of the growth in manufacturing jobs, with the 30.2 percent growth it experienced. Have you prepared your company for growth? To facilitate growth as and when necessary, we offer semi-permanent and temporary structures which can be swiftly set up just about anywhere.
If you would like to learn more about the positive impact a temporary warehouse building can make on your growing business give us a call or contact us today! For more related articles, please feel free to visit our blog.
We are continually proud to offer our clients superior material, craftsmanship, and structurally sound clear span buildings.
CONTACT US TODAY
For more information or a quote, please contact us. Find out how Temporary Warehouse Structures can help with your next project.